Our fees for an undisputed business to business debt
The following costs apply to a claim in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and does not require enforcement action. Additional work may be necessary if the other party disputes your claim at any point. We will discuss this with you and confirm any revised costs if applicable. The additional work could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required) or charged at an hourly rate when more extensive work is needed.
Please note that the fees below are for illustrative purposes only - for a detailed estimate please get in touch
|Debt Value||Court Fee||Our Fee (incl. VAT)||Total|
|Up to £300.00||£35.00||£135.00||£170.00|
|£300.01 - £500.00||£50.00||£147.00||£197.00|
|£500.01 - £1,000.00||£70.00||£185.00||£255.00|
|£1,000.01 - £1,500.00||£80.00||£195.00||£275.00|
|£1,500.01 - £3,000.00||£115.00||£225.00||£340.00|
|£3,000.01 - £5,000.00||£205.00||£285.00||£490.00|
|£5,000.01 - £10,000.00||£455.00||£375.00||£830.00|
|£10,000.01 - £200,000.00||5% value of the claim||£435.00||£Variable|
If you proceed with a claim, please note:
- the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor
- interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost
- the costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action (such as the bailiff) is needed to collect your debt
What do our fees include?
Our fees include the following activities:
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- undertaking appropriate searches
- sending a letter before action
- receiving and forwarding payment to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim
- Where no acknowledgment of service or defence is received, applying to the court to enter judgement in default
- When judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- if payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Common Questions & Answers
How quickly will my claim be resolved?
Matters usually take 2-10 weeks from us taking your instructions to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly upon receipt of judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Who will be handling my matter?
As soon as you have instructed us, we’ll provide you with a client care letter introducing you to the member of our team who will be acting on your behalf. Click here to meet our Debt Recovery Team and find out more about us.